Master of Medical Sciences
As part of the degree of Master of Medical Sciencs, we offer specialized field of study in 'Physics in Radiation Oncology and Medical Imaging' which provides students with professional knowledge about the clinical physics in oncology, radiology & its medical application. It also allows students to do dedicated research projects in our specialized fields towards a dissertation for the degree.
Our field of study provide specialized modules in the following areas:
- DRAD 6202 - Advance radiological physics and dosimetry
- DRAD 6203 - Brachytherapy physics
- DRAD 6204 - Health physics with focuses on radiological protection in medical sectors *
- DRAD 6205 - Magnetic resonance imaging-principles and it's applications
- DRAD 6206 - Molecular imaging and medical cyclotron
- DRAD 6207 - Nuclear medicine sciences
- DRAD 6208 - Physics in medical imaging
- DRAD 6209 - Principles and practice of radiotherapy physics
- DRAD 6210 - Quality assurance (QA) in radiation therapy and medical imaging
- DRAD 6211 - Foundation in Basic Imaging and medical physics *
We accept students from various background including but not limited to medical, radiography, medical physics, or engineering. The programme is a taught programme and can be taken as full-time (1-year course) or part-time (2-year course). Classes are usually after 6:30pm on weekdays or at weekends to accommodate working students. We also accept occasional students wishing to take particular modules only.